Marple Township municipal offices are located on 227 S. Sproul Road, Broomall, PA; phone 610-356-4040.
The Thomas Massey House (Lawrence and Springhouse Roads) was entered onto the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. The Massey House is architecturally significant because it covers the span of Pennsylvania history from the first settlers until the present. Three centuries of architecture are represented, the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. It stands on its own foundation on its original site. There is evidence of a log house built sometime between 1683 and 1696. The 1696 addition was built with bricks manufactured on the site. Features reflect English architecture of the period, being similar to homes found then in Marple, Cheshire, England. The log house was eventually razed. A second addition, this time of stone, was built in 1730. A second stone addition was added about 1840, and a second story added to it about 1860. Thomas Massey came to Pennsylvania in 1683 as an indentured servant barely 20 years old, and by 1696 owned his own 300-acre plantation and went on to become township constable and an official of the Friends Meeting. He died in 1708. The house remained in the ownership of his descendants until 1925.