Morton Borough municipal offices are located at Sycamore & Highland Avenues, Morton, PA 19070; phone: 610-543-4565.
Morton, created a borough June 6, 1898, reported in 1900 a population of 889; in 1910 the census report shows 1,071. Morton lies in the southern part of Springfield Township, nine miles southwest from Philadelphia, on the Philadelphia, Baltimore & Washington Railroad. There are no important manufacturing plants in the borough, it being purely a residential center. The original village was named in honor of John Morton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. The first burgess was J. Frank Beatty, George H. Alexander being the present incumbent. Three churches are located within the borough — Kedron Methodist Episcopal, the First Baptist and Shorler African Methodist Episcopal. The fraternal orders are: Washington Camp Number 634, Patriotic Order of the Sons of America; Faraday Lodge Knights of Pythias; and Hauka Tribe, Improved Order of Red Men. A prosperous building and loan associations is one of the borough's valued institutions; also a good public school building and system; others are a public library, a men's club and a women's club, providing educational and literary advantages of a high order. The Chronicle, an independent weekly newspaper, established in 1880, is edited by George W. Whitaker.