Rutledge Borough municipal offices are located at 212 Unity Terrace, Rutledge, PA 19070; phone 610-544-1028.
Rutledge is located in the northwestern part of Ridley township, touching the Springfield line at Morton, at its southernmost corner. Rutledge was incorporated as a borough June 10, 1885, and in 1900 reported a population of 369. The same authority gave the borough in 1910 a population of 523. There is no manufacturing in the borough. The Presbyterians have a house of worship, other denominations not being so represented. Rutledge Fire Company Number 1 has a house and apparatus that affords protection in event of fire. Communication by rail is by trolley, the steam railroad nearest being across the line in Morton. The first burgess of Rutledge was J. Rugan Neff, the present  being Samuel C. Burton.