Clifton Heights Borough
Clifton Heights Borough municipal offices are located at 30 S. Springfield Road, Clifton Heights, PA 19018; phone: 610-623-1000.
"... smaller city that attracted large numbers of immigrants was Clifton Heights. There, owners of textile mills recruited hundreds of Polish peasants, often financing their passage, which the immigrants were then expected to pay back from future wages. In addition to work at the mills, Clifton Heights offered Polish language schools and churches, along with stores that sold items familiar to Polish immigrants. Children born to these immigrants, even though they became American citizens at birth, continued to identify with the old homeland. ..." 
Settled in the last decade of the eighteenth century and incorporated as a borough in 1885, has several large textile mills. For the most part, solid rows of small, two-story, unpainted brick houses line its crooked streets.