Ridley Township municipal offices are located at 100 East MacDade Blvd., Folsom, PA 19033; phone 610-534-4800.
Home on Swarthmore Avenue Sold By
Keller Williams Real Estate-Doylestown
Listing Agent: Chad Blankenbiller
The present structure of Ridley as a second class township occurred in 1906. The township's naming is credited to John Simcock ca. 1687, a wealthy Quaker who had settled in the area around 1682, having purchased 2,200 acres. White settlers were found in the area that is now Ridley Township as early as 1644. Early villages within the township (18th-19th centuries) included: Crumlynne, Eddystone, Folsom, Glenolden, Holmes, Leedom, Milmont, Norwood, Prospect Park, Ridley Park, Rutledge, and Woodlyn. Some of these are no longer extant; other villages grew and at various times incorporated as boroughs. Prior to 1790 the township include what is now Tinicum Township.