West Brunswick administrative offices are located at 95 Municpal Road, Orwigsburg, PA 17961.
Brunswick was one of the original townships of Schuylkill County, formed when it was set off from Berks county in 1811. In 1834 it was divided into East Brunswick and West Brunswick [†].
Tradition has it that at the junction of the little creek which flows around Orwigsburg with the Schuylkill, was once an Indian town of importance, on or near Sculp hill, which is pierced by the Schuylkill Canal at the locality known as "the tunnel," or "the narrows."
† History of Schuylkill County, PA, W.W. Munsell & Company, New York, 1881.
Nearby Towns: Hamburg Boro • Middleport Boro • New Philadelphia Boro • Orwigsburg Boro • Tilden Twp • Windsor Twp •