Glendon Borough Hall is located at 24 Franklin Street, Glendon, PA 18042.
Glendon originally formed a part of Williams Township. The establishment of the Glendon Iron Works was the first cause of the village's existence. It is situated on about 2 miles above Easton on the south side of the Lehigh River, and was (in 1920) a station on the Lehigh Valley Railroad. The Lehigh Canal passes through the borough. The Bests, Hays and other pioneer familes of Williams Township were the original settlers and owners of the land. Early residents were directly or indirectly engaged in the iron industry. The first to build a house on Glendon Green was Frank Hughes, an employee of the Lehigh Coal & Navigation Company. He was soon joined by his brother Daniel, and the opening and building up of early business enterprises soon added to the population.
Glendon was incorporated as a borough in 1867. The first chief burgess was James Morrison. In 1820 Glendon was considered a suburb of Easton, to which it was connectedby a trolley and railroad line.
Nearby Towns: Bethlehem Twp • Durham Twp • Easton City • Forks Twp • Lopatcong Twp • Lower Saucon Twp • Nazareth Boro • Palmer Twp • Riegelsville Boro • Stockertown Borough • Tatamy Boro • West Easton Boro • Williams Twp • Wilson Borough •