Conshohocken Borough Hall is located at 1 West First Avenue, Conshohocken PA 19428.
Conshohocken  is a thriving suburb located in southeast Montgomery County Pennsylvania, measuring approximately one square mile on the East bank of the Schuylkill River, approximately 15 miles northwest of Center City, Philadelphia. The borough shares borders with the townships of Plymouth and Whitemarsh, across the river are the municipalities of West Conshohocken and Lower Merion.
Conshohocken has a significant downtown area with a mix of residential and commercial uses. Additionally, the Borough has excellent regional access with its proximity to the Schuylkill Expressway and Blue Route, and train and bus service by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. The borough is known for its exceptional parks and recreation system (the Schuylkill River Trail, Sutcliffe Park, A.A. Garthwait Stadium & Borusiewicz Field) that has grown into a regional attraction. Local civic and cultural events, such as the various seasonal events, are popular and well attended. The combination of Conshohocken's established downtown, its parks and recreation amenities, and local cultural events all contribute to a distinctive and highly desirable small-town atmosphere.
The settlement of Conshohocken dates back to the days of William Penn, the land in this section having been purchased from the Indians by him in 1683. It is situated on the left bank of the Schuylkill River, about thirteen miles from Philadelphia.
Up to the time of the Revolution little occurred to give to what is now Conshohocken a place in history; but when General Washington went into camp at Valley Forge, some miles further up the Schuylkill, the immediate vicinity became the scene of many interesting events. At the close of the war the settlement grew larger; but it was not until 1816 that the foundation of its prosperity was laid, when the Schuylkill Navigation Company began improvements in the town by the construction of a dam; and it was the water-power of this dam that caused this desirable location for manufacturing purposes to become known. Gradually, mills were established, and when the Reading Railroad was completed the success of the place was assured.
In 1880 the place was given its present name, it having been previously known as Masterson's Ford, and two years later (1832) a bridge was constructed across the Schuylkill at this point. By an act of the Assembly in 1850 six hundred and forty acres on the east bank of the river was incorporated as the borough of Conshohocken, at which time there were 125 houses, 8 farms, and a population of 727 souls. It was about this time that rich iron-mines were discovered in the vicinity, and the attention of capitalists and manufacturers was soon attracted, and Conshohocken is now an important manufacturing centre, having blast furnaces and rolling-mills, woolen and cotton mills, and many important foundries and machine-shops.
The present population is in the neighborhood of 7000. It is well supplied with churches, while its educational affairs are also well provided for. It is lighted by gas and abundantly supplied with good water. It supports a local newspaper and a national bank.
Nearby Towns: Ambler Boro • Bridgeport Boro • East Norriton Twp • Haverford Twp • Lower Merion Twp • Narberth Boro • Norristown Boro • Plymouth Twp • Radnor Twp • Tredyffrin Twp • Upper Merion Twp • West Conshohocken Boro • West Norriton Twp • Whitemarsh Twp • Whitpain Twp •