Sadsbury Township offices are located at 7182 White Oak Road, Christiana PA 17509.
Sadsbury was one of Lancaster's original townships, organized when the territory was still part of Chester County. It was the first settled and earliest organized township in Lancaster County. Earliest settlers were English Quakers and Scotch-Irish Presbyterians. One of the latter, John Kemmerly, came in 1681, with a deed for his land from hands of William Penn, the Founder. It is of historic interest that part of Penn's Manor of Springtown and Manor of Conestoga were in this township, as was the old Shawnee Indian village, known later as the William Penn Tract. Sadsbury Friends' Meeting was organized in 1737. An iron forge was operated on Octoraro Creek prior to the Revolution, by Michael Winters. Other forges were later operated by James Sprout and John McGowan. The population in 1940 was 787.
Nearby Towns: Atglen Boro • Bart Twp • Christiana Boro • Highland Twp • Lower Oxford Twp • Oxford Boro • Upper Oxford Twp • West Fallowfield Twp •