Beachwood CIty Hall is located at 5325 Fairmount Boulevard, Beachwood, OH 44122.
Much of Beachwood was originally part of the "Warrensville" settlement of the Western Reserve in the 1800's. The Village of Beachwood was originally established with a vote of just 47 residents in 1905, and reached official "city" status in 1960 when the population reached over 5,000 residents. The origins of the village were very much influenced by the Van Sweringen brothers, who developed nearby Shaker Heights. In fact, because of the Van Sweringen's plans to develop larger more exclusive parcels, much of Beachwood's residential areas were not developed until the 1940s and 50s after the Van Sweringen's land was sold off and the company filed for bankruptcy. Like many surrounding communities, Beachwood was very much still a farming village until the 1940s.
Beachwood has a long history of a "business-friendly" reputation; dating back to the 1920s many businesses chose to locate with the village due to the low tax rate. Today over 2,500 businesses call Beachwood home, including several large corporations such as Eaton Corporation, DOR Corporation, Cleveland Clinic satellite offices, BASF, and Tremco.
† City of Beachwood, OH: Commerce Park Community Reinvestment Area, 2018,
Nearby Towns: Bedford City • Cleveland Heights City • Lyndhurst City • Maple Heights City •