Selected text was adapted from a copy of the National Register nomination document. 
It is in this district of 36 buildings which face onto Church Street that the influence of New England Federal period architecture in the village of Nassau is most obvious. Ten buildings display characteristics of the period. There are also several late nineteenth century buildings of special value. Number 7 Church Street is a classic example of the Second Empire influence with its mansard roof, square plan and engaged central tower. The Manse at 15 Church street is a square Italianate villa with cupola. St. Mary's Church (1925) has an unusual plan with the bell tower at the rear. However, the Nassau Reformed Church (1901) is by far the most eclectic building in Nassau. The shingled church has an unusually large pyramidal roofed tower with turrets and an entrance canopy shaped like an ogee arch with tracey. The building also has the generous round arches of the Romanesque style enclosing its chief windows. Another church, the Grace United Methodist (1833) adds architectural interest to the district and provides a visual termination point on the south side of the street.
Many of the buildings are quite intact and most retain an historic appearance.