Voluntown Town Hall is located at 115 Main Street, Voluntown, CT 06384.
Voluntown was incorporated in 1721 and was then a part of the Windham County. It was annexed to New London County in 1881. The name "Volunteers' Town" comes from the fact that the land was given in 1700 to volunteers of the Narragansett War. The settlers came mostly from Norwich, New London and Stonington. In 1710 a strip of land to the north was granted in lieu of a portion to the east that was claimed by Rhode Island.