Warren Town Hall is located at 514 Main Street, Warren RI 02885.
At the time of its settlement, Warren was a part of Swanzey, Massachusetts. It was incorporated as a separate town by its present name in 1746.
The town's initial settlers were attracted to the area due to the value of the sheltered harbor. The configuration of surface waters limited growth and forced development to extend southward until it met Bristol, and eastward where land provided a link to Massachusetts communities. Remaining land was either too wet to develop or better used for agriculture. Soils, wetlands and high water tables have subsequently limited modern subdivisions. Excessive development pressure along the two north-south corridors has resulted in intensive linear commercial and mixed-use development. Active agriculture, particularly in eastern portions of the Town, is still a significant component of the landscape. Productive agriculture, together with the Town's other open space, enhances town character and helps to keep municipal and school expenditures from escalating. 
Nearby Towns: Barrington Town • Bristol Town • East Providence City • Seekonk Town • Swansea Town • Tiverton Town •