Borough Hall is on Fern Alley; mail: PO Box 393 , Eagles Mere PA 17731.
The borough was laid out about 1877 and incorporated April 20, 1899. It is wholly surrounded by Shewsbury Township.
Lake of the Eagles 
In a roughly rectangular stretch of territory between the two great river branches which unite at Sunbury to form the broad-flowing Susquehanna, lies the small, gem-like Lake of the Eagles, not in one of the wooded valleys but actually on top of a mountain. The Sullivan Highlands, which give Eagles Mere its forest setting, stretch northeastward to the North Branch of the Susquehanna where that stream makes the eastward swing of a great elbow; southeastward the great mass of North Mountain marks the limit of the Highlands, with lesser hills and cultivated fields reaching to the Susquehanna's North Branch where it flows westward. Southwestwardly the transition from highland to lowland is more gradual, giving from the mountain tops, broad vistas of forest-covered lesser hills and the cultivated lands bordering on the West Branch of the Susquehanna toward Williamsport; to the northwest the limit of the Sullivan Highlands can be defined by Lycoming and Towanda Creeks.
EAGLES MERE 
(Sullivan Co. Route 42 from 220)
Pop. 200. Six miles from Laporte and six miles from Muncy Valley. A scenic and recreational center. Eagles Mere Lake is a spring-fed lake, in the mountains, 2,000 feet above sea level,surrounded by forests.
The village is a popular summer resort with an excellent sand bathing beach on the lake and all facilities for golf, tennis, boating,riding, etc. A lake carnival is held in August. Perch and bass fishing is good in the lake; trout in the mountain streams nearby. Bear and some deer and plentiful small game are found in the vicinity. A 27-hole golf course is probably the highest within the State. Nearby are: World's End and High Knob, the former a State park area with camping, bathing, picnic, and cabin facilities; the latter a point of vantage offering awe-inspiring scenery.