North Whitehall township offices are located at 3256 Levans Road, Coplay, PA 18037.
When first established, Whitehall Township was part of Northampton County. The township was divided into north and south in 1810.
North Whitehall as Described in 1901 
North Whitehall is bounded on the northeast by Northampton County and Whitehall Township, southeast by South Whitehall Township, northwest by Washington Township and southwest by Lowhill Township. Population in 1900 was 3,280. It was organized in 1753. The surface is undulating and the soil is very fertile and all the principal grains are raised. Iron ore, limestone and cement are found in large quantities. The principal streams that drain the township are the Jordan, Rock, Fell's, Mill and Coplay creeks; on the banks of Mill Creek were committed the Indian massacres of 1763. The people are engaged in farming, mining and manufacturing.
The schools are among the best in the county; the first school was established in 1755 at what is now Unionville. The first English school was built in 1750; the first Reformed minister was Reverend John D. Gross, and the first Lutheran minister was Reverend John H. Schaum.
Nearby Towns: Lower Macungie Twp • Lowhill Township • South Whitehall Twp • Upper Macungie Twp •