Washington Township municipal offices are located at 2951 Center Street, Slatington, PA 18080.
Washington was organized as a township in 1847. The first settlement was made in 1742 between Unionville and Slatington by Casper Peters. The first school was established in 1712. Principal villages in 1902 were Friedensville, Franklin, Slatedale, and Williamstown. At that time the principal industry in the town was slate quarrying. 
Nearby Towns: Bowmanstown Borough • Lehigh Twp • Lehighton Boro • Slatington Boro • Walnutport Boro •