Borough municipal offices are located at 1 East First Avenue, Suite 3, Malvern, PA 19355.
Phone: 610‑644‑2602. Malvern is bordered by Willistown and East Pikeland Townships
Twins, townhomes, condos, singles ... this "Main Line" borough has them all, many within walking distance of the SEPTA commuter rail station (R5 Paoli-Thorndale line). The station is 21 miles from Philadelphia's Center City Suburban rail station.
The borough is home to the Malvern Preparatory School ... a co-educational Catholic school, grades 6 through 12; the institution was founded by the Order of Saint Augustin in 1842, and was affiliated with Villanova University.
Incorporated in 1889, the borough of Malvern, overlooking Chester Valley and the Lincoln Highway west of Paoli, lies among the hills where General Anthony Wayne was almost annihilated by a superior British force on the night of September 20, 1777. Following the granting of 24 acres here to David Evans in 1866, solid rows of brick houses were erected at the junction of the West Chester branch with the mainline of the Pennsylvania Railroad and the settlement was known as West Chester Intersection. In 1873, when the Pennsylvania Railroad straightened the tracks and built a new station 100 yards north of the West Chester Intersection station, railroad officials named it Malvern in memory of a famous Civil War battlefield in Virginia. Some of the settlers had served under General McClellan in July, 1862, when the last battle of the Seven Days' Fight was fought on Malvern Hill. Its name is also attributed to the town of the same name in England. Malvern entered the Postal Guide on December 8, 1876, when Lewis K. Reeves was appointed postmaster.
Nearby Towns: Charlestown Twp • East Goshen Twp • East Vincent Twp • East Whiteland Twp • Easttown Twp • Edgmont Twp • Phoenixville Boro • Schuylkill Twp • Upper Providence Twp • West Chester Boro • West Goshen Twp • Westtown Twp • Willistown Twp •