Womelsdorf Borough municipal offices are located at 101 West High Street, Womelsdorf, PA 19567.
Settled as early as 1762, Womelsdorf was incorporated in 1833 from Heidelberg Township. It was laid out by John Womelsdorf who at the time called it Middle Town. The name was changed in 1774, probably for 18th century Womelsdorff family immigrants who hailed from Womelsdorf, Wittgenstein, Germany.
The Conrad Weiser House, just east of the village center, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1966. The Womelsdorf Historic District was listed on the register in 1982.
Nearby Towns: Bernville Boro • Clay Twp • Heidelberg Twp • Jefferson Twp • Marion Twp • Millcreek Township • North Heidelberg Twp • Robesonia Boro • South Heidelberg Twp • Tulpehocken Twp •