Township municipal offices are located at 5 Solly Lane, Bernville PA 19506.
Jefferson was a part of Tulpehocken until 1851, when it was organized as a separate township. It was named after the first Democratic President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson. Its early history is closely associated with that of Tulpehocken and Heidelberg. It is bounded on the south by the Tulpehocken Creek, along whose course many of the Indians and the early settlers traveled.
Mills of various kinds have been operated for many years, not only along the Tulpehocken, but also on its tributaries, the Little Northkill and Mill Creek.
Tulpehocken (Schaefferstown) is the principal village and business centre.
Krick's Mill (Cross Key) is situated on the Tulpehocken.
Nearby Towns: Bernville Boro • Heidelberg Twp • Lower Heidelberg Twp • Marion Twp • North Heidelberg Twp • Penn Twp • Robesonia Boro • Strausstown Boro • Tulpehocken Twp • Upper Bern Twp • Upper Tulpehocken Twp • Womelsdorf Boro •