Millcreek TOwnship administrative offices are located at 81 East Alumni Avenue, Newmanstown, PA 17073.
Containing some of the oldest settlements in the county, Millcreek Township was originally known by the German name Muelhbach (also spelled Muhlbach), which translates directly to its modern English name. Henry Meyer, a Palatinate immigrant, is credited with naming the creek in the 1700s after a place in his home country. The creek in turn lent its name to the community built around it. When the shift to English happened is unclear, but by the time of the township's formation in 1844, the modern name was firmly in place. [www.lebtown.com, accessed March, 2022]
Nearby Towns: Clay Twp • Elizabeth Twp • Jackson Twp • Marion Twp • Womelsdorf Boro •