Township municipal offices are located at 775 Old Route 22, Lenhartsville PA 19534; phone: 610-756-6707.
First settled around 1749, Greenwich was incorporated in 1755 from Albany Township.
Greenwich is home to five properties that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These include:
- Kutz Mill,ca. 1855, listed 1990; example of a custom mill that met local needs between 1850 and ca. 1935.
- Kutz Mill Bridge, ca. 1854, listed 1981; at the time of listing, this was one of 5 remaining covered bridges in Berks County.
- Lenhart Farm, ca. 1830, listed 1978; significant as a remaining example of early 19th century farm life and of typical Georgian-design construction using regional brown sandstone.
- Merkel Grist Mill, ca. 1875, listed 1990; (partly located in Richmond Twp) significant for its association with the county gristmill industry between 1875 and 1939; it was one of the first mills to use the new roller mill technology.
- Stein Mill, ca, 1857, listed 1990; directly associated with the Berks County grain milling industry from 1857 to 1899.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact
• 10076 • Privacy