Lancaster Town Hall is located at 25 Main Street, Lancaster, NH 03584.
Lancaster was first granted to Captain David Page and others in 1763, an early settlement on the northern portion of the Connecticut River. The town was subject to many Indian troubles, and a grant renewal was issued in 1769. The town was named for Lancaster, Massachusetts, hometown of Joseph Wilder, an early settler. Reverend Joshua Weeks, also a grantee, was among the group of explorers who named the mountains in the Presidential Range. Another resident was Benjamin Sawyer, who, with Timothy Nash, discovered the "White Mountain Notch," making a shorter route to Portland possible..
Nearby Towns: Guildhall Town • Jefferson Town •