Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Moultonborough Town

Carroll County, New Hampshire

Moultonborough Town Hall is located at 6 Holland Street, Moultonborough, NH 03254.
Phone: (603) 476-2347

Moltonborough was first chartered in 1763, to a group of settlers from Hampton who in 1748 had petitioned the Masonian Proprietors for part of the ungranted lands in the province. The charter describes the boundaries as running along the northerly shore of Winnepisseoky Pond, and including a neck and point of land running into the pond. Among them were members of the Moulton family, led by Colonel Jonathan Moulton, who was considered to be one of the richest men in the province at the start of the American Revolution. The town was named in honor of Colonel Moulton. In 1765, territory known as Moultonborough Gore was annexed to the town. Moltonborough was incorporated in 1777.

Nearby Towns: Center Harbor Town • Sandwich Town •