Johns Creek City Hall is located at 12000 Findley Road, Johns Creek, GA 30097.
In 1831, much of the land in the former Cherokee Nation north of the Chattahoochee was joined into one big county called Cherokee. When Milton County was formed in 1858, the Johns Creek area was folded into it. Finally, in the 1930s during the Depression, Milton County was dissolved and all its land was absorbed into Fulton County.
In 1981, the founders of Technology Park/Atlanta (a technology business park established in 1970 by Georgia Institute of Technology graduates who wanted Atlanta to be a high-tech research center) bought 1,700 acres of rural land along McGinnis Ferry Road and Medlock Bridge Road/GA 141 to build a second campus/master planned community.
Spotting tiny Johns Creek on an old map, they named their mixed use community Technology Park/Johns Creek. It was the first reference to Johns Creek as a place and it grew over the years to become the home of 200 companies — many of them Fortune 500 firms — with nearly 11,000 people spread over 6 million square feet of office, retail and industrial space.
The City of Johns Creek was incorporated in 2006.
Nearby Towns: Alpharetta City • Duluth City • Norcross City •