Douglasville City Hall is located at 6695 Church Street, Douglasville, GA 30134.
The location that would become Douglasville was known early on as Skint Chestnut, named from a large tree stripped of its bark by Indians to make a prominent landmark. The town was established in 1875 along the Georgia Western Railroad Line. The majority of the downtown buildings are one- and two-story brick structures dating from the mid-19th century into the early to mid-20th century. Most are of Victorian era commercial design set flush with the sidewalk. Styles of the buildings include Victorian with details of the Romanesque, Italianate, and Queen Anne periods. The Douglasville Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.[City History, www.ci.douglasville.ga.us, accessed September, 2012]
Nearby Towns: Austell City •