Chamblee City Hall is located at 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341.
Originally known as Roswell Junction, one version of the naming of Chamblee tells of the Postal Service disallowing the name Rosell Junction due to its similarity to nearby Roswell. The story continues that Chamblee was selected randomly from a variety of names suggested by the petitioners of the new post office. Another story suggests the town was founded by a family named Chamlee, and the altered spelling finding its way in their honor. In its early days, Chamblee was known for its dairies and pasture land. The town was located at the junction of two railroads: 1) the Roswell Railroad and 2) what became the Norfolk Southern Railroad. Rail passengers en route between Atlanta and Charlotte passed through Chamblee. Chamblee was incorporated in 1908. [Chamblee History, www.chambleega.com, accessed March, 2012]
Nearby Towns: Brookhaven City • Doraville City • Dunwoody City • Norcross City • Sandy Springs City • Tucker •