Ashford Town Hall is located at 5 Town Hall Road, Ashford CT 06278.
The Town of Ashford, probably named from an English town in Kent, and originally known as New Scituate, passed through serious difficulties with land speculation and overlapping claims before it was given town status in 1714. The first settlers located here in 1710.
Ashford has much wild country, and includes outlying portions of the Nipmuck and Natchaug State Forests.
Nearby Towns: Chaplin Town • Eastford Town • Mansfield Town • Willington Town •