Sheridan City Hall is located at 4101 South Federal Boulevard, Sheridan, CO 80110.
In 1859, brothers John and Isaac McBroom settled in the area where Bear Creek meets the South Platte River to homestead 160 acres in the vicinity of present day Sheridan. Swedish immigrant Peter Magnes laid out the town of Petersburg (at the corner of present day Hampden Avenue and South Santa Fe Drive) and encouraged fellow Swedes to immigrate there. The town of Petersburg never officially incorporated. The army established Fort Logan to the west in 1887. Isaac McBroom is credited with laying out the town of Sheridan, named in honor of Civil War General Philip H. Sheridan, who created Fort Logan. Sheridan incorporated in April 1890 and eventually included Petersburg. The town became home to many of the military families and local businessmen associated with life at the fort. In 1940, Sheridan's population stood at 712.
Nearby Towns: Bow Mar Town • City of Cherry Hills Vlg • Denver City • Englewood City • Lakewood City • Littleton City •