Bow Mar Town Hall is located at 5395 Lakeshore Drive, Bow Mar, CO 80123.
The Town of Bow Mar incorporated in 1958, with Lloyd King elected as its first mayor. In the fall of 1958, two subdivisions opened near the newly incorporated town, both planning for eventual annexation by Bow Mar. Michael T. Frederics, president of Frederics Brothers Construction Company, teamed with Fort Logan Development to buy a 132-acre parcel of federal land north of Bow Mar and south of Fort Logan for their Bow Mar Heights development. Fort Logan Development members were a who's who of Denver businessmen, including Mayor King. Bow Mar Heights featured luxury homes on large lots similar to Bow Mar's development. Frederics explained to the Rocky Mountain News in 1958 the plan was to enlarge Bow Mar. Bow Mar South, the second subdivision of 160 homes, was southeast of Bow Mar and east of Pinehurst Country Club. Denver Realty Associates announced that the luxury homes would range in price from $27,500 to $60,000 with a minimum of 1,500 square feet of living space on half-acre to one-and-a-half acre tracts. The average home price in the metropolitan area in 1958 was $11,079. Builders laid electrical, telephone, and gas lines in the development with additional plans for developing a five-acre community recreation area including a swimming beach between two man-made lakes. Bow Mar annexed Bow Mar South, while Bow Mar Heights became part of Denver in December 1958. By 1960, the town had a population of 748.
Nearby Towns: Englewood City • Highlands Ranch • Lakewood City • Littleton City • Sheridan City •