Photo: David W. Brown House, ca. 1900, 2303 East Dartmouth Avenue, Englewood, CO. The home was designed by architect George H. Williamson. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Photographed by User:Jeffrey Beall (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2013.
Englewood City Hall is located at 1000 Englewood Parkway, Englewood, CO 80110.
In 1858, gold was discovered near the mouth of Little Dry Creek where it flows into the South Platte River at Dartmouth Avenue, in present day Englewood. Permanent settlers soon followed the prospectors. The area's first permanent settler, Thomas Skerritt, arrived in 1864. In 1903, a large number of scattered settlements in the area banded together to form the City of Englewood. Industrial manufacturing and health care, represented by Swedish Hospital, anchored the city's economy, just as they do today. [City of Englewood, Roadmap Englewood: 2003 Englewood Comprehensive Plan, www.englewoodgov.org, accessed December, 2013.]
Nearby Towns: Bow Mar Town • City of Cherry Hills Vlg • City of Greenwood Vlg • Denver City • Littleton City • Sheridan City •