Upper Chichester Township
Upper Chichester Township municipal offices are located on Furey Road in Boothwyn, PA 19061; phone 610-485-5881.
The Chichester Friends Meetinghouse was entered onto the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. It was established as a monthly meeting in 1684. At the close of 1688 James Browne conveyed two acres of land to trustees for the use 'of the people of God called Quakers in the township of Chichester.' The original meeeting house burned in 1768 and the present, stone structure was built the following year. The meeting house is typical of eighteenth and early nineteenth century Quaker houses of worship, having an interior partition for the purpose of separating male from female members of the congregation.