Upland Borough municipal offices are located at 224 Castle Avenue, Upland, PA 19015; phone 610-874-7317.
Upland Borough was incorporated in 1869 from Chester Township.
The first mills erected in the municipal district now known as the borough of Upland, were also the first mills erected in Pennsylvania; after the territory passed to the ownership of William Penn. It was in connection with the mills of Upland that John P. Crozer came into prominence, and it is within the limits of the borough that Crozer Theological Seminary is located, an institution established by the Crozer family in 1868 as a memorial to their father. Crozer Home for Incurables is also a monument to the generous humanity of the Crozers. Upland Station, on the Baltimore & Ohio railroad, is situated within the limits of the City of Chester, no steam railroad entering the borough limits. Two public schools of modern character are located in the borough, while both the Baptist and Methodist Episcopal denominations have houses of worship. The grist mills that have been for so long the life of the borough are still a great source of prosperity.  The borough is a favorite resident section, its proximity to Chester and Philadelphia rendering it a most desirable abode. It was created a borough May 24, 1869, being then a most prosperous village. In 1910 the population was 2,221.
The oldest building in Pennsylvania is the Pusey House at Upland, yet preserved as a relic of long ago, and in almost the same form as when built by Caleb Pusey, whose name is inseparably connected with Chester Mills, although long before his death he had parted with all his interests in the land and business. He was a last maker by trade, and emigrated from England in 1682 with his wife Ann, settling at the present site of Upland. The old house bearing his name is on the north side of the mill race; is about 30 feet in length, fifteen feet in breadth, one story, with hipped roof.