Brookhaven Borough municipal offices are located at 2 Cambridge Road, Brookhaven, PA 19015; phone: 610-874-2557.
Incorporated in 1945, settlement by Europeans goes back to the 17th century. Earliest known settlers include Thomas Coebourne, Richard Few, and Thomas Brassey. Brookhaven began developing as a crossroads village sometime during the mid-1800s.
The Borough actively supports a volunteer Town Watch, providing a base-station at Boro Hall, dedicated FCC licensed frequency, and communications equipment. The Boro is home to six churches and a dozen active community organizations. Brookhaven is part of the Penn-Delco School District along with Aston Township and Parkside Borough. The Brookhaven volunteer fire company was founded in 1922.