This Federal-style house dates from 1830-1840. It was built either by William Satterthwaite or his son, Joseph. The Doan family purchased the home and its accompanying small farm in 1917. In 1958 the Patterson Family merged it with their larger adjacent farm. Lower Makefield Township purchased the 233-acre Patterson Farm in 1998 to preserve as an agricultural landmark.
Source: A Guide to Lower Makefield's Historic Landmarks, Lower Makefield Township, 1998.
School District: Pennsbury