Alpine City Hall is located at 20 North Main Street, Alpine, UT 84004.
Originally known as Mountainville, Alpine City was incorporated in 1855.
The settlement of the City of Alpine began in September of 1850. The population continued to grow at a slow, steady pace. By 1900, the population had reached 520 people. At that time electric lights and a telephone system were built. Alpine continued as an agricultural community with a shift towards fruit orchards and fruit crops. By 1936 the town was encompassed within a two mile square area. In 2011, it has expanded to more than 7 square miles.
In 1933 Utah had an unemployment rate of 36 percent. Because Utah suffered so greatly in the Depression, New Deal programs were extensive throughout the state. The building of the Alpine City Hall, ca. 1936, was built by the Federal Works Progress Administration, one of the programs of the New Deal.
Nearby Towns: American Fork City • Cedar Hills City • Highland City • Lehi City • Pleasant Grove City •