Arlington City Hall is located at 101 West Abram Street, Arlington, TX 76010.
Named for Robert E. Lee's hometown in Virginia, Arlington was first settled in the 1840s as Bird's Fort, evolving into Sam Houston's Texas Ranger post, Johnson Station. The post divided settlers from various Indian tribes who came to the area driven by American expansion to the west.
At the time of settlement, area lands were part of the vast plantation of Colonel Middleton Tate Johnson. Johnson commanded the Texas Rangers Company after the Mexican War.
Arlington is home to Six Flags Over Texas and the Texas Rangers Stadium.
Arlington's first mayor was C. D. King, serving from 1876 to 1881.
Nearby Towns: Dalworthington Gardens City • Pantego Town •