Lower Gwynedd Township administrative offices are located at 1130 North Bethlehem Pike, Spring House PA 19477.
Park/Recreational facilities include: Penllyn Woods (77 acres), Penllyn Park (4 acres); Ingersoll Park (6 acres), Oxford Park (8 acres), Dager Road Walking Trail, and the John C. Parry Bird Sanctuary.
Lower Gwynedd is one of the oldest townships in Montgomery County. The Quakers settled Gwynedd Township in the late 1600's. With the help of the leadership of William Penn the township was developed and later separated in 1891 into Lower and Upper Gwynedd. The word Gwynedd is derived from the Welsh word "Gwyn Eth" which means white fields. Records show that when the pilgrims first arrived here from Wales that their new land, Gwynedd, was blanketed with snow. The township is rooted in tradition and, in fact, still has a member of the community whose descendant's trace back to a family of the first settlers in Lower Gwynedd. Out of the 66 pilgrims to arrive, 31 were named Evans, and a descendant of more than 300 years, Gwenellyn Evan Nicodemus, still resides in the township.
Source: Township of Lower Gwynedd
Nearby Towns: Ambler Boro • Chalfont Boro • East Norriton Twp • Franconia Twp • Hatfield Boro • Hatfield Twp • Lansdale Boro • Lower Salford Twp • Montgomery Twp • Norristown Boro • North Wales Boro • Plymouth Twp • Towamencin Twp • Upper Gwynedd Twp • West Norriton Twp • Whitpain Twp • Worcester Twp •