The Forty Fort Borough Hall is located at 1271 Wyoming Avenue, Forty Fort PA 18704.
Settled as early as the 1770s, Forty Fort was incorporated in 1887 from Kingston Township.
Forty Fort Boro 
Pop. 6,224. On the Susquehanna. Historic places of interest:
Fort Wyoming, River Street. The site is marked where a defense against the Indians was erected in January, 1771. It was rebuilt in 1778 and became an important military post during the Revolutionary War.
Old Meeting House, River Street and Wyoming Avenue. Following a great revival in the summer of 1806 by Bishop Asbury of the Methodist Church, the Presbyterians united with the Methodists in raising funds for a house of worship. The result was the Old Meeting House which is still in a state of splendid preservation. It was erected during the summer of 1807. The original pews and pulpit are intact.
Queen Esther's Rock, River Street. In order to preserve this historic relic the Wyoming Valley Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution erected a steel fence about the rock and a bronze tablet bears the following inscription: "Upon this rock the Indian Queen, Esther, slaughtered the brave patriots taken in the battle of July 3, 1778."
Forty Fort, River Street, a fort built on this site in 1771 was named after the first forty pioneers. Here the settlers and militia mobilized for the Battle of Wyoming, and it was to this fort that the survivors retreated after their defeat.
‡ The 2000 census put the population of Forty Fort at almost 4,600.
Nearby Towns: Ashley Boro • Dallas Boro • Edwardsville Boro • Exeter Boro • Hughestown Boro • Kingston Boro • Kingston Twp • Laflin Boro • Laurel Run Boro • Luzerne Boro • Pittston City • Plymouth Boro • Sugar Notch Boro • Wilkes-Barre City • Wilkes-Barre Twp • Wyoming Boro • Yatesville Boro •