The Colonel Nathan Denison House (35 Denison Street) was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. Portions of the content on this web page were adapted from a copy of the original nomination document. 
The Denison House is a two and a half story frame structure, three bays across, 18th century New England type. A later wing projects to the rear, mostly Victorian. There is one large square central chimney.
The interior has been generally restored to 1850 or earlier.
The original Denison House structure consists of the large 2-1/2 story front wing with its centrally placed chimney. The Denison House is frame and the placement of doors and windows is thought to be original. The original Denison House is framed with large primary timbers supported with secondary timbers of smaller size. It is clapboard sided. The siding appears to be mid 19th century in most instances. The internal walls are plastered with typical New England trim for windows and doors.
The addition to the rear of the house was made in the middle part of the 19th century.
Colonel Nathan Denison, who built this house in 1790, was a Revolutionary War soldier and was one of the first officers at the Battle of Wyoming. He signed the papers of capitulation of the Wyoming patriot forces to the British after the Battle of Wyoming. The Denison House is typical of those built by the early colonists after the immediate years of settlement. A comparison of this house and Denison's Connecticut home reveals a great resemblance between the two. New England house types of 18th century plan are very rare in Pennsylvania. The Denison House is related to 18th century New England framed and clapboarded construction having the chimney located in the center of the house. It should not be confused with the Pennsylvania German central chimney houses also built in the 18th century of which many survive.
Wyoming Historical and Geological Society, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., files.