Pittston City Hall is located at 35 Broad Street, Pittston PA 18640.
Named for the elder William Pitt, British statesman and friend of the Colonies, has a bustling metropolitan air and a highly diversified business section. Mines in the vicinity normally employ 12,000 workers and have yielded millions of tons of anthracite in a single year. The Pittston Stove Company, organized in 1860, was formerly one of the largest but has declined with the outmoding of its product. There are a dozen other industrial plants.
The Site of Fort Pittston, Main and Parsonage Streets, includes the land where Connecticut settlers erected the town's first house in 1762. The log fort was begun in 1772 and remained standing for a number of years.
Nearby Towns: Avoca Boro • Duryea Boro • Exeter Boro • Forty Fort Boro • Hughestown Boro • Kingston Boro • Kingston Twp • Laflin Boro • Old Forge Boro • Wilkes-Barre City • Wilkes-Barre Twp • Wyoming Boro • Yatesville Boro •