Elizabeth Town Hall is located at 423 South View Drive, Lititz PA 17543.
Elizabeth was erected from Warwick Township in 1757 and named by Robert Old, one of the earliest ironmasters in the country, in honor of Queen Elizabeth. The principal element was the German, called Pennsylvania Dutch. Next to agriculture the manufacture of iron was the chief industry. Hopewell and Speedwell forges, and Elizabeth Furnace were operated in this township, but not actively after 1857. The oldest church is the Emanuel Lutheran, known as the old Warwick Church, of East Brickerville, organized in 173O. This church was used as a hospital during the Revolutionary War. Zion Reformed Church, near Brickerville, was organized about 1740, and was first known as Boyer's Church, and in the early deeds it was called Presbyterian. The James Coleman Memorial Chapel was built for Presbyterians in 1835 by Mrs. James Coleman.
Population in 1940 was 966.
Nearby Towns: Clay Twp • Jackson Twp • Marion Twp • Millcreek Twp • Penn Twp • South Lebanon Twp •