Paxtang Borough Hall is located at 3423 Derry Street, Harrisburg PA 17111.
Incorporated from Swatata Township, July 3, 1914, and named for the original Indian village and creek of that name. The Paxton Presbyterian Church, built in 1740, is one of the oldest and most revered landmarks in Dauphin County. There is a tradition that Reverend George Gillespie preached at Paxtang as early as 1715, and that Reverend David Evans and Reverend Adam Boyd were preachers here in 1720 and 1725. But it remains a fact that the first official pastorate was the Reverend James Anderson, who was sent by the Presbytery of New Castle, Delaware, in 1729. He was to give one-fifth of his time each to Paxtang and Derry, and the other three-fifths to Donegal.