Steelton Borough Hall is located at 123 North Front Street, Steelton PA 17113.
Steelton was incorporated from Swatara Township in 1880. The site of the borough was warranted to Thomas Renick, March 27, 1738, and it never changed ownership until Rudolph G. Keller and Henry A. Keller deeded land they inherited from their grandfather, Frederick Keller, on January 8, 1866, for the erection of the works of the Pennsylvania Steel Company. The place was first known as Baldwin, for Matthias Baldwin, early pioneer builder of locomotives, but the post office was named "Steel Works" when laid out by Messrs. Keller in April, 1866. These extensive works became among the largest in America, by 1916 becoming owned and operated by Bethlehem Steel Company, from which product the borough received the name Steelton, since its incorporation.