Municipal Offices: New Cumberland Borough 1120 Market Street, New Cumberland, PA 17070.
Phone: 717‑774‑0404. New Cumberland Borough was incorporated in 1831.
New Cumberland is located at the junction of Yellow Breeches Creek and the Susquehanna River, was the site of a Shawnee village until about 1738. In 1810 it was settled by Jacob Haldeman as "Haldeman's Town." The center of the town is compact; on the outskirts well-kept lawns surround the houses. Chief products are hosiery, woolen goods, paper boxes, cigar boxes, and smoking and chewing tobacco. 
Nearby Towns: Camp Hill Boro • East Pennsboro Twp • Hampden Twp • Harrisburg City • Lemoyne Boro • Lewisberry Boro • Paxtang Boro • Steelton Boro • Swatara Township • Wormleysburg Boro •