Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Dorlan

East Brandywine Twp, Chester County, PA

Dorlan is a rural village with a miscellany of houses clustered on the Eastern Brandywine three miles north of Downingtown. James M. Dorlan, for whom the village was named, bought a paper mill here in 1832, and a post office named Dorlan's Mills was opened on January 21, 1870, in the office of the paper mill. One of the owner's sons, Thomas J. Dorlan, became the first postmaster. Since the post office was closed March 29, 1888, the name was abbreviated to Dorlan. [1]

Nearby Neighborhoods

Street Names
Creek Road • Hopewell Road • Route 282