Albrights Corner : A hamlet of five or six scattered houses on the old Bethlehem Road in Hilltown Township, about two miles northeast of Mount Pleasant and at the summit of the high ridge that crosses the township. The place was named for Daniel Albright, a man of fine character, notable in the history of Hilltown and ancestor of the numerous family of that name. The original family was Albrecht. Daniel emigrated from Germany to America, landing in Philadelphia January 6, 1791, and after spending some time in Tinicum Township, Delaware County PA, came to Hilltown in 1830. Thomas Shewell, of New Britain, had owned a very old house and 6 acres of land at Albrights Corner. He sold it in 1788 to Thomas Mathias, who owned a store there after remodeling the house. This old store property eventually (in 1852) came into the hands of Daniel's son, Henry Albright, an influential business man, who also held the office of Justice of the Peace. The store was discontinued in the late 1800s and with it departed much of the activity of "the Corner." One of the prominent descendants of Daniel Albright was Lieutenant Charles A. Guffel (Independent Battery D, Pennsylvania Volunteer Artillery, in the Civil War). After the war Lieutenant Guffel was deputy recorder of deeds for several terms, and a well-known newspaper man in Doylestown. On quite recent maps Albrights Corner is marked as Louxs Corner.