Hilltown is located on what was once a stagecoach route that ran between Line Lexington and Applebachsville. During the mid 19th century the place was known as Mount Pleasant. Here, one Noah Webster built a half-mile horseracing track which operated until 1916.
In the early 19th century, the village had more than half a dozen residences, a store, blacksmith, hotel, and wheelwright. The post office was established in 1817, one of the earliest in the county. Elisha Lunn was the first postmaster. Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church was founded in Hilltown in 1919.
Broad Street • Hilltown Pike • Limekiln Pike • Mill Road