Photo: Warren R. Weaver House, ca. 1904, 106 Logan Boulevard, Altoona, PA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Photographed by David Ames, 1989, Historic American Buildings Survey [HABS PA-5893, memory.loc.gov, accessed December, 2013.
The wide front-gabled porch of this two-and-a-half story Queen Anne firmly anchors the verticality of both the steeply pitched front gable surmounting a two-story bay and the octagonal tent roof of the two-story oriel. Above a pent closure, the front gable is faced with shingles in a geometric pattern. Corner boards and wide window frames accent the narrow horizontal siding. The sunroom on the south side of the house is a late addition.
This house was built in 1904 for Warren R. Weaver, a machinist for the PRR, on a lot he purchased from the Altoona Suburban Home Company for $600 and paid off in 1909. He lived there with his family until the late 1950s, when the house was rented out for several years before Weaver, a widower, sold it to the current owners.
Sanborns: 1909, 1920, 1932, 1951. City directories. Tax records. Deed books: 145/277; 779/289.