Township municipal offices are located at 1 Rose Virginia Road, Oley PA 19547.
Originally part of Philadelphia County, Oley was settled around 1700 and incorporated September 1, 1740.
The township has five individual properties and one historic district that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These include:
- Henry and Susanna Fisher House, ca. 1801, listed 1973; a fine example of the late Georgian style home with some Federal features.
- Greisemer's Mill Bridge, ca. 1868, listed 1981; covered bridge spans the Maxatawny Creek; gable roof and stone abutments.
- Knabb-Beiber Mill (aka John Knabb Mill), ca. 1809/1819, listed 1990; still in use by Effinger Bieber, 92-years-old at the time of National Register nomination, (1990) the mill is historically significant for its association with the Berks milling industry between 1809 and 1839.
- Pleasantville Covered Bridge, ca. 1852/1856, listed 1981; spanning the Little Maxatawny Creek, this is one of 5 remaining covered bridges in Berks County.
- Reiff Farm (aka Reigg Homestead), ca. 1815, listed 1982; colonial-era farm that operated continuously for 200 years – from the 1740s until 1945.
- Oley Township Historic District, ca. 1700/1899, listed 1983; buildings and landscape significant in their representation of features from the mid-18th to late 19th centuries.
Nearby Towns: Alsace Twp •
Douglass Twp •
Earl Twp •
Exeter Twp •
Fleetwood Boro •
Lower Alsace Twp •
Lyons Boro •
Pike Twp •
Richmond Twp •
Rockland Twp •
Saint Lawrence Boro •