Township municipal offices are located at 810 Hill Church Road, Boyertown PA 19512; phone 610‑987‑6023.
Pike Township was taken from Oley in 1812. It was so named because in its streams in colonial days this variety of fish was very plentiful. A part of Rockland Township was added to Pike in 1842.
Die Berg Maria (Anna Maria Young), a truly pious woman, for many years lived alone on the farm in the home of her ancestors on the top of one of the Oley Mountains. Her cottage was as good a model of neatness and order as her life was of Christian living. She died in 1819, aged seventy years. The Moravians or Hernhuters, to whom she belonged, came from Hernhut, a place in Germany. They were the first to teach Christianity to the Indians. From their mission in Oley they set out to preach to the savages in different sections of the county and state. It was the friendly relation between the Moravians and the Indians that saved Pike and the neighboring districts from bloodshed. Count Zinzendorf was one of the two bishops.
The leading industry is farming. In the early days lumbering was important. When John Keim took up land and settled near Lobachsville, about 1718, some of the heaviest timber in the county could be seen there. Only recently large walnut trees were cut down and exported. The township is well supplied with saw mills and grist mills.
Nearby Towns: District Twp • Earl Twp • Fleetwood Boro • Lyons Boro • Maxatawny Twp • Oley Twp • Richmond Twp • Rockland Township • Topton Boro •